The first experiments in the area of Computer Science were carried in Moldova in 1961. The info-communication evolution took the next step when the first electronic computer BESM-2 was installed in 1964 and the Computing Center was establsihed within the Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Science of Moldova (ASM).
Continuous development of science and Center's infrastructure lead to establishment of Information Resources and Networks Center of ASM. The Center comprised 2 departments: Department of Information Networks and the Department of Information Resources.
In 2008 at the initiative of Academy of Sciences of Moldova and the Ministry of Information Development (curently Ministry of Information Technologies and Communication), following the Decree of the President Nr.1743-III from March 19, 2004 regarding the Building of Information Society in Moldova, State Enterprise “Information Society Development Institute” (S.E. ISDI).