Academy of Sciences of Moldova and Information Society Development Institute organized on October 11-12, 2010 the second round of training workshops on Seventh Framework Programme rules and procedures for ICT researchers. This event took place in the framework of EU FP7 program EXTEND and aimed at preparing ICT actors for participation in the most recent call for proposals launched by EC (ICT Call 7).
The training workshop focused on opportunities, procedures, and thematic priorities of FP7 ICT Work Programme, which were identified during the consultation workshop in Moldova in May 2010 and are open within FP7 Call 7:
• Internet of Services, Software & virtualization (Internet connected objects in WP 2011-2012)
• Computing Systems
• ICT for Patient Safety (Patient Guidance Services (PGS), safety record and healthcare information reuse in WP 2011-2012)
Each of these priorities was presented in detail by Prof. Ion Bolun (Moldova), Prof. Ioana Moisil (Romania) and Dr. Konstantinos Samiotis (Greece).
During the first session participants were provided information on financing opportunities, criteria for participation, EU and national useful contacts and existing projects by EXTEND project coordinators - Raphael Koumeri and Konstantinos Samiotis.
The second session was dedicated to the presentation and discussion of potential project ideas (by participants) and their evaluation by peer groups. Useful guidelines and tips on creating successful proposals resulted from this session. As usual, practical training brought most of the value to this event.
The event was attended by over 30 ICT actors from Moldova, representatives of the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science of the ASM, Information Society Development Institute, State University of Moldova, Academy of Economic Studies, Technical University of Moldova, Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer and business actors.
Presentations from the Training Workshop:
1. Introduction to second EXTEND Training Workshop
2. EXTEND project presentation
3. EU-EECA cluster presentation
4. FP7 Overview
5. EU funding opportunities
6. Presentation of the ICT FP7 WP objective .1.3. "Internet-connected Objects" (Dr. Konstantinos Samiotis, Greece)
7. Presentation of the ICT FP7 WP objective 4.3. "Computing Systems" (Prof. Ion Bolun, Moldova)
8. Presentation of the ICT FP7 WP objective 5.3. “Patient Guidance Services (PGS), safety and healthcare record information reuse" (Prof. Ioana Moisil, Romania)
9. Practical Guide for Proposal Evaluation