The purpose of the third edition of the Doctoral Conference on Computing, Electrical and Industrial Systems, DoCEIS'12, is to bring together PhD students, researchers, engineers and practitioners from all over the world, interested in the Conference scope. The event takes place on 27-29 February 2012 in Caparica, Lisbon-Portugal.
DoCEIS'12 aimed to be an international forum for presentation of research results coming out of PhD works, and a space for discussion of post-graduation studies. Among other activities, it includes:
- Presentation of research results by PhD students (co-authored by their supervisors).
- Tutorials by invited experts on scientific, methodological, or soft skills topics.
- Presentation and discussion of the base ideas of the thesis plans.
- Discussion of the scientific and technical challenges in the several Electrical and Computer Engineering specialization areas.
- Sharing of experiences among PhD students from different regions.
- Forum on practical aspects (e.g. Publications, job market, careers, etc.).
- Creation of collaborative (social) networks.
Original work are invited to be presented, in any of the scientific areas of the conference.
Prospective authors of research papers are invited to submit their manuscripts reporting original work, in any of the scientific areas of the conference. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Proceedings are expected to be published by Springer, IFIP AICT series (indexed in Web of Science). Best papers will be considered for possible inclusion in a special journal issue.
For more details please visit the official website of DoCEIS '12